Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's My Birthday


I had my Pre-OP meeting today. They do it by telephone. Rather strange, but it certainly was convenient. I've accompanied my brother for his last three pre-op appointments, so I knew what to expect. I had my shoe-box of meds all ready to tell them what I take. With my changing assortment of blood pressure medications, there was no way I would remember my dosage and the names of Benicar, Diltiazem, and Terazosin. Those are the three I'll have to take the morning of my procedure.

I had to confirm that I was having a left Oophorectomy...her word, not mine. A laparoscopy, and I'll stay overnight. My pain level is only two today. Any kitchen activity takes it up to a six (for-real!!) I went to muscle class last week, and that took it up to a seven.

I'll be glad to have this thing over.

Today is my birthday! The count-down starts to Medicare...LOL The insurance companies have already started bugging me to select a Medicare supplement plan. Gonna sit on my throne the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

Susan said...

Happy Birthday!!!

unlen said...

Hey...
I hope everything when well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.