Monday, January 11, 2010

Huh?


This is one of the new reduced speed signs near the neighborhood elementary school. It reads:

M T Th F
7:50 - 8:35 AM
2:45 - 3:30 PM
Wednesday

7:50 - 8:35 AM
1:45 - 2:30 PM


Even driving at 25 mph, I could not read everything on that sign. And then at 8 AM, some mornings I have to think for another block to remember what day it is. (Some schools close early one day per week to save funds.) When I'm out driving at school opening/closing time I usually detour to avoid the gridlock around the neighborhood school anyway. But if I happen to be outside my neighborhood in the afternoon, I never know what time it is when I pass other schools when the reduced speed times are all different. It would be simpler to reduce the speed limit all day on school days.

I did take that photo with my cell phone. I stopped and parked, so as not to appear to be in violation the new ban on text messaging in North Carolina.