Friday, May 7, 2010

Iron Man 2


Hammercy. I thought I had fallen into a testosterone pit. We went to the 12:30 showing. (After the 12:00, and before the 1:00, 1:30, 3:00, 3:30....) I think I was one of five women in the theater. First we had to see the previews of coming guy movies, "The A-Team," "Prince of Persia," "Robin Hood." Shrek got in there too, and next year's Spielberg movie. After all that action, the guys were really stoked. (Where do all these guys come from for a matinee on a Friday? I heard one say, "one of the advantages of being self-employed")

If you saw the first Iron Man, this one is more of the same, but more action, more villains, even Mickey Rourke as a Russian Physicist. And Samuel L Jackson is back. I'll have to update my Sam Jackson hair chart. This time he's bald with an eye patch. Robert Downey Jr as himself, same self-indulgent playboy, with the same arrogant sexual innuendos. Good guy fun. His side-kick "Rhodey" is played by Don Cheadle this time, taking over Terrence Howard's role - because, you know, they look so much alike. (stole that line from our local critic, Craig Lindsey, click here.)

I enjoyed it. I caught a snooze in there when they went into too much techno-babble. I give it three stars.

5 comments:

EFM Radio said...

Nice review Sarah! I cracked up on the Don Cheadle reference.

Harold of Scaggsville said...

Sounds good.

BTW, in 2010 Self-employed = Unemployed

The Sophisticated Paperboy said...

I think I should go and see it.

saraphen said...

@Michael...at least you won't leave in disgust.

Susan said...

I read somewhere that Terrence Howard got greedy so that's why they picked Cheadle for the role. Personally, I think Wesley Snipes would have been the better choice.