Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Green Hornet




I like comic book superhero movies. Superman, Batman, Spider-man, Iron Man, I've enjoyed them all. I expected The Green Hornet to be another one of the rich playboy turned protector of the innocent and down-trodden, a la Robert Downey, Jr. in Iron Man.

What I wasn't expecting was another stupid white guy movie. I should have checked the cast list before going off with Sweetie for our afternoon's entertainment. Seth Rogen would have been a big red flag. He was the guy who "Knocked Up" Katherine Heigl. And he played the same dufus who doesn't recognize his own classist, misogynist, racist tendencies. I thought Cameron Diaz selected better movies for herself. Slapstick reached a whole new level with martial arts, big cars, big guns, explosions, and crashes through skyscrapers. All in 3D. A cheap third dimension that barely had one person standing out from the background.

Sweetie gave it two stars for the one big laugh...front wheel drive. I give it one star.

No comments: