Friday, May 9, 2008

Iron Man




Another Marvel Comic comes to the big screen. I don't remember Ironman in comic books. My boys were into Superman and Batman. I didn't have any real expectations going in except from the trailers I had seen.

It was great fun. Robert Downey Jr. is an unexpected super-hero, making this movie kind of a Batman meets Spiderman meets the Transformers. We're not in Kansas or Metropolis anymore...try Afghanistan. There is quite a bit of violence, shooting and explosions, but it's nowhere near as intense as Transformers, and there is a the unexpected humor.

Downey was great. Terrence Howard got second billing making it a "buddy movie." I had to post the pictures of Jeff Bridges. I didn't recognize him at all with the bald head. I'm used to his more simpatico style as in K-PAX. I had to read the credits at the end to know it was him.

It was a good afternoon diversion. I give it 3 stars.

No comments: