Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I don't get it!!

That's what I said about blogging before I got into it. I thought, "Why would anybody be interested in what I'm thinking every day?" Well, here I am, telling you my stuff on the regular.

Has anybody heard of Twitter? That's the latest thing that I said, "I don't get it." The thing is to answer the age-old internet question, "Whatcha doing?" in a little box that holds 140 characters. So instead of a long blog, you do short bursts anytime, from work, home, phone, all day.

I still don't get it, but I'm sorta doing it, here. I'm following somebody's advice to promote my book. Gotta get out there.

The next thing on my promotion list is a trailer. A book trailer. I never heard of those either until a few months ago. Now I see them all over the place. Some are major film productions like a movie preview. Some waaaayyyy too long....borrrrrring!! The funniest one I've seen is this one.







So now I'm working on a script for my trailer. My son, the actor turned filmmaker, has reluctantly agreed to produce it. He wants it to be more theatrical. I want it to be funny. We'll see.

No comments: