Sunday, April 24, 2011

The List

The ListThe List by J.A. Konrath

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This novel by J.A.Konrath was another 99 cent treasure I found by way of DailyCheapReads.com. It's available in paperback on Amazon via Amazon's CreateSpace publishing arm, and as a Kindle eBook.

He tried for a few years to get it published traditionally, but it has become quite a hit as an eBook. "It's a technothriller about a group of ten people who each have tattoos of numbers on the bottoms their feet, and don't know why. One of them, a Chicago Homicide cop named Tom Mankowski, has had one of these strange tattoos since birth. When he investigates a violent murder and discovers the victim also has a tattooed number, it sets the ball rolling for an adventure of historic proportions."

In between my more "literary" reading, I love a books that get my heart pounding. This one is a hoot. It would make a great "Buddy Adventure" movie. You know, White cop, black cop, an annoyingly funny victim who is along for the ride for his safety, and a kick-butt woman with a fierceness level somewhere between Princess Leia and Isabel Salander. Throw in a little romance, an international plot, and a bit too much gore at the end.

I loved it. 4 stars.





View all my reviews

No comments: