Friday, April 12, 2013

We're Still in Rio

Welcome to the Friday BoomerLit Blog Hop. 
http://boomerlitfriday.blogspot.com/


I'm running out of snippets, and I don't want to spoil the whole book. The scene this week is the American Consulate in Rio.

“Ms. Murchison, my name is Henry Ogleby, what can we do for you?”
“I need help getting home,” Laura said. “My purse was stolen with all my identification and credit cards. Before I left the States, I made a copy of my travel documents and the contents of my wallet, and it’s on this memory card.”

“Did you report it to the police?”
“No, I came here first.”
“Where are you staying?” Mr. Ogleby asked.
“That’s another problem. I just got here from Sao Paulo and I don’t have a hotel.”
“Where is your luggage?”

By this time, Laura started to cry. She dabbed at her eyes under her sunglasses. She knew she couldn’t keep up the lie. “It’s complicated.”

TELL THEM I DIED is available as an ebook or in print from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and others. You can find direct links on my website:

http://www.sarahweathersby.com/books

6 comments:

Claude Forthomme said...

Poor Laura! I've had that happen to me...dreadful!

Unknown said...

Poor Laura. Hope she's okay.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

How frightening! At least she had the foresight to make copies of her travel documents, but it's still a scary situation. You did a great job of showing her distress.

Michael Murphy said...

I've really enjoyed your excerpts and look forward to reading the whole thing, Sarah.

John Klawitter said...

It's enough to make you want to stay at home, feet up, fire blazing, a glass of brandy and a good book like this at hand.

saraphen said...

Thank you for all the nice comments.