Thursday, May 12, 2011

In Memory of my mother, Georgia Gordon, who died of breast cancer in 1958

Dear Friends and Family,
I recently accepted the challenge to Inspire Hope by participating in the 2011 Komen NC Triangle Race for the Cure. This year marks the 15th Anniversary of the Race and I have committed to taking the 15th Anniversary Challenge to raise at least $300. This should be easy if only 15 of my friends and family will make a $20 donation, I will reach my goal. Won't you please help me reach my goal?

You can make a tax-deductible contribution to the Komen NC Triangle Affiliate online by clicking here and searching for my name. You can send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below.

Since 1997 the NC Triangle Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure has invested more than $12 million in saving lives in my community because 75 percent of the money I raise stays right here in my community. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research to develop treatments and find a cure. Komen is the only nonprofit organization working to end breast cancer at every stage, from the causes, to the cures, to the pain and anxiety of every moment in between. You can be confident that your gift will help reach more women and families with programs and services.

Whatever you can give will help it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.


To donate online, click on the link below and search for my name (Sarah Weathersby)

To mail a donation:

Make all checks payable to:
Susan G. Komen for the Cure NC Triangle Affiliate
Please write my name in the memo field on your check so I get credit!

Mail to:
Komen NC Triangle Affiliate
133 Fayetteville Street
Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27601

No comments: